Saturday, September 26, 2009

Prophecy, December 2006

Who the hell is here" she wondered as she went to answer the door. She peeked out the window to see Derek. He had come back to her. He stood at her door with a sort of arrogant look on his face. Jenny wasn't so sure she should trust him again, so she just let things go the way they went. She didn't try to control or change a thing. If it was meant to be it would be. He would have to prove his love to her before she would open her heart to him again. She had decided to guard her duct-taped heart from everyone. She would not say the words to him first. She would not allow him the opportunity to hurt her and if she had to, she would hurt him first, before she would let it happen to her. Jenny wasn't like every other girl. She was different. She was special. Derek knew all this for years, and if he wanted something special, something different, he would have to convince her that he deserved it.

Prophecy

And as if it were nothing
You threw us away
As if I was nothing
You pushed me away
I could feel the tension
I knew the emotions
I could see your thoughts
And I knew what was to come
You were leaving me
Not now, but soon
You don't care for me
And you'll leave me in ruin"

"I'd be okay

If we were to cease to be
I would be okay
If it seemed we'd not be happy
That's fine, goodbye, I'd say
If you wanted me no more
I would be okay
If our love became a bore
I'd make it to the next day
I will not stumble
I won't lie down and die
I can live without you
Being at my side"
As Zachary got older, Jenny couldn't help but think of his future. She hoped that her son would never have to experience the pain she had, but she knew pain is inevitable. The best she could do is share her life story and what she had come to know in her years.

My son,

If I never get the chance to tell what I know, here it is, just for you, forever. Never grow up completely. It's pointless. Have fun and feel young for as long as you can. Don't consume your life with meaningless things. Objects are just that, objects. A job is just a job. A girl is just a girl. This is all true unless: You find a passion for an object and turn it into a life goal. You find a job you love, and enjoy every moment of it. You find a girl who is more than just a girl, she's amazing. You find those things, and you hold on tight, son. Your heart is precious. Don't just give it to anyone. You can't trust everyone you meet son, but that doesn't mean you can't get to know them. People are funny like that. You can get to know them, enjoy their company, but that doesn't mean they're trustworthy with even a dollar, let alone something as perfect as your heart. Smoking is a horrible habit. Never take it up. Believe your mother, here, I know. Your teeth rot, your breath stinks, your clothes, furniture, car, all of it reeks of nicotine and smoke. You'll end up broke, with bad teeth, and you'll stink. Yuck. Don't cuss in an inappropriate situation. You should be able to sense the "feeling" of the room and the company within it. You'll know what's right and wrong to say and do. Find your passion and never lose it. Whatever it is that makes your life worth living, find it and go with it. Never give up and never forget. You can learn in many ways other than reading a book. Go out and explore. Try new things. Experiment. Life can teach you many things a book cannot. Hold true to yourself. Never change for ANYONE. You are you and no one else. You are perfect as you are. You can do great things if you stay true to your identity and love yourself. You are the most important thing in my life, son. I can't imagine life without you and don't want to. You are my everything. My sun and moon. My air and water. My heart and soul. Always remember these quotes and lyrics: "One day we'll all have perfect wings" "I may not have much, but I have my family, and that's all I'll ever need." "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity" And the most important thing of all to never ever forget: I'm always with you son,


Love, 

Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment